Peace of mind, engineered.
Who We Are
Boss Security & Automation is your trusted local source for residential, commercial, and industrial surveillance, security, fire, access control, and VoIP phone systems. Our professional team of experts works with customers to develop the right solution that works for them based on their needs and never offers an “out-of-the-box” solution that big competitors often suggest.
Our headquarters are located in Horseheads, NY. We provide services to Upstate New York and Northern Pennsylvania, with a range of recent projects in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Texas, Montana, Ohio, and even Canada. We offer free site surveys and free estimates to those who are interested in our services.
Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Surveillance
- Design, installation, and maintenance of new and existing camera surveillance systems.
- Survellance systems have a wide variety of uses outside of security. Systems can be designed and installed for manufacturing processes, business analytics such as people counting and cash register transaction recordings, and even progress recordings of lengthy construction projects.
- We offer systems to meet any need and budget, supported by the foremost manufacturers in the security industry.
- Protect homes and businesses by detecting intruders through a variety of available technologies.
- When the system is triggered, it communicates with the central monitoring station that based on your needs contacts the appropriate person or authorities to the location.
- With the advent of Z-Wave and other wireless technologies, security systems can now also be used for home automation by controlling smart locks, lighting, thermostats, and even window shades.
- Protect homes and businesses from fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide threats.
- When a smoke, heat, carbon monoxide, or sprinkler system is triggered the system communicates with the central monitoring station, which then dispatches the appropriate fire agency and law enforcement to that location.
- The central monitoring station calls the customer to make sure all occupants have been notified, and in the event of entrapment can update the authorities in route.
- Replace old-fashioned locks with IP-based control systems to facilitate access into your home or business.
- Log who comes in and out for HR/management to know who is in the building for record-keeping, emergencies, safety, security, and asset protection.
- Means of ingress can include: badges, keyfobs, keypads, or cellphone Bluetooth apps.
- Credentials: premise-based (on-site server) or cloud-based.
- Optional intercom and video intercom systems are available.
IP Phone Systems
- We are an authorized Allworx Partner.
- VoIP telephone systems is an IP-based telephone service hosted over an internet connection.
- With the Allworx Reach app your cellphone becomes an extension of your office phone, great for those on the go and a remote workforce.
- Expands WiFi coverage within home or facility.
In-Building/Home Cell Boost and Amplification
- Expands cell coverage inside buildings or homes that have poor internal cellular signal coverage.
Custom System Integrations
- We offer turn-key systems integrations which combine multiple technologies into a custom value-added solution to our clients’ needs. Some examples are in our use of alternative energy sources (solar, wind, heat) for remote surveillance and access solutions currently used in locations that lack electrical infrastructure and regular client access.
The BOSS Advantage
NO “Out-of-the-Box” Solutions
Forget the one-size-fits-all mentality of larger national brands. Instead, BOSS focuses on using its collective know-how to help leverage peace of mind for total home/business connectivity. We do not use out-of-box kits and instead rely on our client relationship and attention to detail in order to produce a system that actually fits your needs, now and into the future.
Our approach centers on client interaction and lean design and installation practices that lower costs and limit the day-to-day installation impact to your home or business. All systems are preprogrammed and tested in-house prior to installation to reduce interruptions to your daily activities and business operations.
We build 25% expandability into our solutions for every client’s future growth. Whether a residential or commercial job, your system starts at BOSS’ drawing board the way every one of our projects does. That’s because we know you’ll get more value from a custom system designed from an engineering standpoint, a system that truly meets your actual needs. We believe this should all be done without stuffy contracts or a premium custom price tag. This expandability allows you to grow into your system for years to come, saving you money in the long term.
BOSS Security & Automation, in partnership with their sister company, EL Manufacturing, can provide in-house metal and foam fabrication to meet projects of any size and any scope. EL produces many of the mounts, brackets, specialty kitting protection, and hardware used in many of our installations, saving both time and the expense of outsourcing to other job shops.
In 2020, BOSS acquired Endeavor Services Group, a market leader in personalized IT products and services. As a result, BOSS can meet our customers’ growing demand for IT solutions, while continuing to provide expert service around the clock for any technology-driven need.
BOSS originally began as a side hustle by one of its founders who found an interest in IoT/IP devices servicing a few close friends and their businesses. In 2015, BOSS Security & Automation was established as a value-added service to established clients in mainly the oil and gas industry, finding traction across multiple trades and business sectors. In 2018 the company was purchased by Beecher Emission Solution Technologies and has now evolved from a 3-person operation to a team of numerous individuals with expanded offerings in surveillance, access control, burglary, fire, custom life safety, and security systems. In 2021, BOSS acquired Endeavor Services Group to add dedicated IT services as well as to provide printer/copier/toner offerings to its client base.
After installation, you’ll be learning directly from our team of experts on how to best operate your new system for unparalleled productivity. Our professionals are happy to help and answer any questions you have about your system at any time!
“Boss Security did an excellent job on my new security system at my office. The staff was professional, friendly, and knowledgeable while educating me on the best system for our business. The installers were great, they wired up all my cameras and equipment in less than a day and showed me how to navigate the features of the system. If you’re looking for a great local company at a fair price, give these guys a call!”